Go Further with the Sex Blogger Community

Monday, October 23, 2006

Being 'Featured' on another's blog Part II

A couple of things have thrown me recently regarding being featured on another persons site.

The work I've created is mine and I think that if others wish to feature it, this should be done on my terms.

Now any Genuine blogger will do one of two things.

1) They will overview your work and then link to it

2) They will feature a snippet of your work with a link to it.

Because of what's happened recently I've decided that if my work is featured then I have the right to make certain requests.

These include, but are not exclusive to

If you wish to feature my work:

You must link to either http://gentlygently.blogspot.com or the original post at the top of my work in the same size font as the writing.

You must credit me at the top of the piece

You may not feature more than 100 words per piece.

My Question is whether you feel that this is realistic, whether you have any experience in these matters and if there is anything I've missed?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

To be honest, it's very hard to enforce rules about people linking to you, and it could put people off. Do you have a place on your blog that states these rules? Otherwise, how do your readers know? Most people would argue that you've put your content up on the Internet for everyone to see, and therefore you accept that your work will be linked to and may even be C&P to somewhere else.

Ideally though, your rules are your rules and whoever is going to link to you should take note and respect them.

Mon Oct 23, 08:08:00 am GMT  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I've experienced an Adultfriendfinder user nearly rip off my entire blog. This came to my attention via an anonymous comment and an email. I ended up emailing the site, and also gave the user a piece of my mind and I find that the latter bit works really well (because most people shit themselves when caught), despite whatever that user thought of me - they removed everything they cut and pasted from my blog.

Another grey area is when a blog refers to a post, but only to state the name of the blog they get the post from and little else. I made my discontent clear, but the person who decided to use the post to highlight some blog conference (that went on about supposed freedoms I suppose, ironic considering) didn't remove the post, so I deleted it from my blog rendering their link dead. I wasn't nice about it in the end, because they purposefully ignored my initial request.

It's difficult. Legally, there are few legs to stand on concerning blog posts.

Mon Oct 23, 11:36:00 am GMT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home