Go Further with the Sex Blogger Community

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Templates and Images

All of us in the blogger community have eventually decided to upgrade our initial template.  The new template may come from one source or another.  Today I found that several images that were original to a template and hosted by "Imageshack" now were replaced by a banner from them saying not to "hotlink" the images.  I've also seen the same thing happen with "Photobucket"  (That was pretty funny because it was an "inactive account" banner, and made it look as if the blog was closed.)

Flicker so far, has been reliable for me.  Which photo hosting services have you had trouble with and which would you recommend for photos on your blog?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankly, I have had trouble with every free photo-hosting service when it comes to hosting files intended for one's template including doing it through Blogger/Blogspot's sister service, Picasa. One either runs into bandwidth restrictions, unreliable hosts, or links that mysteriously stop working and have to be repaired over and over again.

I ended up doing my most recent redesigns mostly with colors, borders, spacing, and by using the tools provided within the Blogger/Blogspot dashboard which create much more stable links from one's associated Picasa account. However, as for my background image, I ended up asking a friend to put it on his server for me. That seemed to be the the only way to keep it working.

Mon Jan 04, 06:21:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home