Go Further with the Sex Blogger Community

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Beta Blogs becomes the Standard

Beta Blogger is going to soon become the standard Blogger. According to Blogger, almost all known problems with Beta have been resolved and they will soon start requiring all Blogs to switch over to the new version of Blogger.

This requires the use of a Google account and log in. You will log in based on your Google account (frequently an email.) It is currently unclear how individuals with multiple blogs with distinct avatars/identities will be treated.

Currently those individuals with a beta blog and a non-beta blog can no longer sign in for comments on beta blogs with there non-beta id. They are being forced to sign in with their Google or beta id.

Anyone have more information on this?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Teacher said...

I found out this morning that I was not able to sign on to a blog to post a comment. While I applaude progress, I do not appreciate being FORCED to do anything.

Wed Dec 13, 08:10:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Viviane said...

This is from the Blogger Buzz blog:

"Team blogs move when the blog’s original creator moves to the new Blogger. When that happens, team blog members will also have to move to the new Blogger in order to post. Team blog members don’t have to wait, though! If you move to the new Blogger, team blogs you didn’t create will still show up on your beta Dashboard."

rest of the post at
URL: http://tinyurl.com/y6rnt2

This might answer the question.

Wed Dec 13, 08:57:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Unknown said...

The issue with comments wasn't about team blogs. There are some questions about individuals that have more than one blog identity. Especially one that is currently beta and one that isn't.

I spent a lot of time looking through both blogger buzz and the blogger help for the conversion answers about multiple identities. I also sent out an email that was ignored. The answers aren't there yet.

Thu Dec 14, 03:06:00 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is a temporary solution (if any solution at all) But I've managed to log onto my old accounts by logging in through the main page. Also needs to be internet explorer...firefox isnt letting me for some reason.

I know that doesnt help much but it might work till things get figured out totally

Thu Dec 14, 05:46:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Furthermore, forget distinct identities... what if you have several blogs under the same id? ie the username is the same and once you switch over are you switching all your blogs over automatically? THAT is what worries me... I would like to have the choice and to take my time transferring them one by one when the time comes... if anyone has any answers I would sure appreciate more info!

Fri Dec 15, 07:00:00 am GMT  
Blogger Viviane said...

Miz, I'm in the same situation regarding several blogs. I'd like to switch the smaller ones over first, but it doesn't appear to have that option, which sucks. Does anyone know what boards Blogger people monitor? Perhaps Blogger Forum (www.bloggerforum.com)?

Sat Dec 16, 11:32:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home