Go Further with the Sex Blogger Community

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Blogger Content Warning


It appears that Blogger have started to take notice of readers “Flagging” blogs and placing warning/disclaimer messages on some blogs to allow readers to choose whether to read or exit a particular blog.


The warning above was displayed when I followed a link from a listing site while mooching around. What was behind the warning was not so much offensive, just a site peddling the same old trashy content ripped off from other blogs that you’ll find all over Blogger. So Blogger aren’t tackling what I would consider to be Splogs, but are prepared to slap a warning on your site.


Has anyone in the real adult blog world (as opposed to the *yawn* would-be commercial side of blogging) had their blog given the disclaimer page?

NB: the message header is in German because I think Blooger is a bit screwy today and is displaying part of its text in German and some in English. Das ist nicht güt. :P


7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The blog 24.7 has one of this warnings attached to it now. Happened within the last two days. It's a real blog about a dom/sub relationship. Link is on my blog.

Sun Sept 16, 02:44:00 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen a few of them around in the last few days. Can't remember where.

I suppose its fair enough. Technically what we all do is outside of their terms and conditions. A warning like has to be a fair cop if you're going to stay with them.

But why would you stay with them. The prospect of deletion or this kind of flagging is exactly why we left blogger. That and the fact that there are far better blogging platforms!

Move on, I say!

Mon Sept 17, 05:39:00 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the head's up. I've been trying not to post anything totally raunchy pictue wise, but I refuse to censor my text. People who flag stuff need to get laid, but, the pagan & the pervert does have a point.

Tue Sept 18, 07:15:00 am GMT  
Blogger Richard said...

I think that the warning page is a lot better than blogger just shutting down one's blog, like they used to.

Thu Sept 20, 11:55:00 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the matter with people getting a heads up before they get a view of something that might offend them?

Thu Sept 20, 01:24:00 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen it before but not here - I think it was on one of my 'Gentlemen's sites' I visit (just checked - Roids and Rants) although, funnily enough, not on other equally indecent sites I've happened to innocently stumble upon daily. Reckon it's gonna take manual perusal or complaint for Mr Goooogle to tag em all. You dirty evil filth mongers. ;)

Sun Sept 23, 09:54:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Imelda Imelda said...

Yeah I don't mind the warning, as long as it's only that. The Girl (with a one track mind) wrote about how blogger had decided her blog was spam and blocked her (http://girlwithaonetrackmind.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html) which sounds rather scary. Though it seems to be more about spam than explicit content. I personally like my explicit content- images as well as text, but I don't want anyone who shouldn't or doesn't like it, to be looking at it, so a warning page would be OK IMHO.

Mon Sept 24, 07:39:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home