Go Further with the Sex Blogger Community

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Profile Trouble!

Hey everyone, I need some help. I hope this is appropriate for this blog. If not, let me know.

Anyway, I created a Blogger profile a while ago (let's call it profile A), so i could comment on a friend's blog that was set up to allow comments by Blogger members only.
Then, Blogger switched to their new Google system.
After that, I made my Blogger profile for our current blog, Married Exploits.
Then the other day I tried to log into Profile A, but it wouldn't let me and told me to use a Gmail account or set one up. So i put in the Gmail account I use for our blog, and Profile A got merged into my blog account, because I wasn't entirely clear on what was happening.
I realized it last night before i fell asleep, suddenly. That if my "real-life" friend clicked on my Profile A name in her comments, she would now be taken to Odysseus's profile page! People in real life don't know my identity as Odysseus so this is a problem!

The problem is that because of the profile migration, I cannot now delete my comments posted on my friend's blog. That would be the easiest solution, but you have to log in as the original user to delete comments, and that user (Profile A) has been swallowed by the new Blogger.

For now, I took all the information about our blog and everything off of my profile page for now. So if anyone clicks to view my profile, it just shows my picture and email.

Ideally though I would like to put a bunch of information about my sexblogging identity in that profile.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Viviane said...

This happened to a friend, who has 3 or 4 blogs, with different identities, under one login. That in itself was his first problem, as they should have been set up under separate logins/ids, whatever.

The only solution was to go into the profile and uncheck 'share my profile.' That way the viewer doesn't see the profile at all.

Sun Feb 25, 07:33:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Al Sensu said...

Sorry I don't have a fix, but as Viviane says, you need to use separate accounts for separate profiles/personalities. And you don't need gmail -- that's just what they prefer. I have 6 different blogger accounts, each using a separate email address, none of them gmail. The sex-related ones are another free service, and the vanilla ones use addresses on a domain that I own.

Sun Feb 25, 08:02:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Odysseus said...

thanks for the info. i have made a new profile account and given it admin status on my blog, making the picture and information all the same as it used to be. i've set the other one to be hidden. so i guess that should fix things at least for the future.

Sun Feb 25, 10:10:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Odysseus said...

could the moderator please invite me to this blog via my new profile, and replace the current one listed under contributors?

my email for this profile is king.of.ithaca@gmail.com

sorry for the trouble!

oh, also, the FAQ link returns a 404 when I click on it.

Sun Feb 25, 10:12:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Alex said...

I've re-invited you as king.of.ithaca@gmail.com

Sun Feb 25, 11:01:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Tom Paine said...

What is it with this profusion of historical aliases????

Wed Feb 28, 03:36:00 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Andres, Im latin italian, I live in Peru and would like to make friends. Im a gay bottom...would love to meet a strong man in between 26 and 46. Would be cool to chat,maybe u can come to Peru and we can meet.Long term relationship is what I would like. Contact me, I have messenger in hot, just add me, my mail is andres20077002 in hot. Hope to hear from u soon. :)

Sat Mar 03, 09:44:00 pm GMT  
Blogger bad influence girl said...

that's the weirdest spam ever.

i wish new blogger wouldn't log me in and out of gmail and vice versa. i keep posting as the wrong person!

Mon Mar 05, 06:48:00 am GMT  
Blogger Al Sensu said...

A good reason not to use gmail in conjunction with blogger. Google doesn't have to own EVERYthing!

But those of us who have vanilla profiles and comment using those on vanilla blogs and then read and start to comment on sex blogs do need to stay aware of which account we're using at the time!

Thu Mar 08, 04:56:00 am GMT  
Blogger ~ Storm said...

Yeah I have had to be really careful about posting as the wrong person too. Could be really interesting, or very scary!

Sun Mar 11, 06:34:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Odysseus said...

identity problems aside, I, for one, welcome our Google overlords.

Fri Mar 16, 02:36:00 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The solution to your problem is to never say anything to someone that you wouldn't be willing to say to them face to face.

Thu Mar 22, 01:43:00 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home